POST: Site Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Operations Director
JOB PURPOSE: Co-ordination of site activities in order to ensure that construction meets all contractual requirements in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- To carry out and assist in the execution of contracts for the construction, commissioning and handover.
- To prepare CDM files, WRC material files, method statements, risk assessments and QA files for contracts.
- To purchase and expedite components required by the project.
- To support process details / design to projects.
- Take initiative to identify and deal with problems.
- Liaising with subcontractors / clients as required by the contract.
- To show initiative in the absence of the manager and members of the team in their respective roles in prioritising correspondence / telephone calls to ensure urgent matters are brought to the attention of appropriate colleagues.
- To create and maintain filing systems.
- To maintain good communication links between the manager and other members of the team, outside organisations and liaise with all staff.
- To ensure the appropriate distribution of correspondence, circulars, reports etc. as applicable.
- To deal sensitively with people, situations and confidential material.
- Carry out other reasonable requests from the Executive Operations Director.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of all staff and resources within the post holder’s area of responsibility, i.e. delegated responsibility in relation to the nature of the post holder’s duties and personal responsibilities as per Section 7 and 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and regulation 14 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Demonstrate commitment to and comply with ACWA’s policy of meeting quality standards and striving for continuous improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BTEC Level 2,3,4, & 5 / HNC
- Good understanding and knowledge of IT
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Full UK driving license
- Flexibility to work and stay out overnight anywhere in the UK
The successful candidate is likely to display the following attributes:
Good Communicator – Strong communication skills with the ability to influence positive outcomes whilst liaising and negotiating with subcontractors and clients.
Commercial Awareness – The ability to stay up to date on the daily happenings on the project.
Flexible – Ability to meet the day to day requirements even if this means travelling and staying away from home.
Technically aware – Have an understanding and knowledge of construction related activities specific to water and wastewater treatment.
Organised – A critical thinker with problem solving skills who shows strong levels of planning and organisational skills.
Completer/Finisher – Proven track record of closing out projects on time and within budget.
Team Player –The ability to develop and manage a cross-functional team with a variety of skills and experience, as well as collaborating with other departments.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com.