Fitter and a Fitter’s Mate
Post: Fitter / Fitter’s Mate
Reports to: Site Manager
Job Purpose: To safely and efficiently install manufactured plant items and interconnecting pipework of all types and sizes with suitable support systems as per in-house design drawings and client specifications.
- Successful installation of manufactured plant items and interconnecting pipework of all types and sizes with suitable support systems.
- The ability to receive deliveries of large plant items, lift into position and levelling.
- To ensure all work is carried out safely.
- To actively partake in creation of a safe working environment by undertaking work place risk assessments and hazard spotting, and to perform all tasks in a safe and workmanlike manner in line with agreed methods whilst adhering to local site rules and relevant health and safety policies.
- Take initiative to identify and deal with problems.
- Liaising with subcontractors / clients as required by the contract.
- To show initiative in the absence of the Manager and members of the Team in their respective roles in prioritising to ensure urgent matters are brought to the attention of appropriate colleagues.
- Working on sites within the UK as required by the project.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests by the Site Manager.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- CSCS safety training card
- Confined space trained
- Experience of glued plastic pipework installation
- Experience of working with thin wall stainless pipework
- Experience of working with ductile iron pipework
- Experience of working in confined spaces
- Experience of working at height
- Experience of working on potable water systems (EUSR blue card)
- Experience of working on waste water systems (EUSR white card)
- Experience of working with galvanized steel and GRP
- Manual handling
- AP for lifting or Lift supervisor
- Experience of setting out
- Driver 10t excavator (with under sling)
- Stainless steel welding
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- Temporary works co-ordinator
- Abrasive wheels
The successful candidate is likely to display the following attributes:
Flexible – Ability to meet the day to day requirements even if this means travelling and staying away from home.
Good Communicator – influence a positive outcome on site by communicating effectively at all levels.
Technically astute – Have a genuine interest in and knowledge of installations specific to the water and wastewater industry.
Resourceful – Know when and who to ask/deploy to get the work done in line with the agreed plan.
Organised – Effective time management skills and accurate record keeping.
Completer/Finisher – Proven track record of closing out projects efficiently that are right first time.
Team Player –Willing to contribute to and support the overall project delivery team and support the wider site community as necessary to exceed stakeholder expectations.
Innovative/Problem Solving – Proactively use analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot effectively.
To apply for either of these roles please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.