Post: EICA Engineer
Reports to: EICA Commissioning Manager
Job Purpose: Co-ordination of electrical and commissioning site activities in order to ensure construction and commissioning meets all contractual requirements in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- To assist the project manager in the production of a commissioning plan to set out the commissioning phase of projects.
- To safely manage the commissioning process including subcontractor teams and internal resources as detailed in the commissioning plan.
- To prepare CDM files, WRC material files, method statements, risk assessments and QA files for contracts. Develop commissioning and electrical design plans.
- To requisition and expedite the delivery of components required to complete the project.
- To support process details / design aspects to ensure the requirements of commissioning and testing are met by the design.
- Take initiative to identify and deal with problems.
- Liaising with subcontractors / clients as required by the contract.
- To show initiative in the absence of the Manager and members of the Team in their respective roles in prioritising correspondence / telephone calls to ensure urgent matters are brought to the attention of appropriate colleagues.
- To assist the project manager in keeping, commercial/site records and planning tools up to date throughout the commissioning process.
- To complete commissioning documentation and get client signoff.
- To maintain good communication links between the Manager and other members of the Team, outside organisations, and liaise with all staff.
- To ensure the appropriate distribution of correspondence, circulars, reports etc. as applicable.
- To deal sensitively with people, situations and confidential material.
- Working on sites within the UK as required by the project.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests by the Executive Operations Director.
- To fault find, complete inspection and tests, and complete records in accordance with commissioning plan. This includes liaising with client telemetry engineers / software engineers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree/HND preferred but not essential
- Proven good all round knowledge of IT applications
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position
- Direct Water Industry background
- Driving license
- Flexibility to work and stay out overnight anywhere in the UK
- Site Safety Management qualifications
The successful candidate is likely to display the following attributes:
- Flexible – Ability to meet the day to day requirements even if this means travelling and staying away from home.
- Good Communicator – influence a positive outcome on site by communicating effectively at all levels.
- Technically astute – Have an genuine interest in and knowledge of water treatment process plant, electrical controls, equipment and instrumentation.
- Resourceful – Know when and who to ask/deploy to get the work done in line with the agreed plan.
- Organised – Close out commissioning activities and signoff’s as they happen.
- Completer/Finisher – Proven track record of closing out project commissioning phases on time and budget.
- Team Player – Willing to contribute to and support the overall project delivery team and support the wider site community as necessary to exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Innovative/Developmental – Proactively develop best practices to continuously improve the future performance of the electrical and commissioning department.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com.