Post: Commercial Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Job Purpose: To advise the company on all contractual matters, negotiate with clients on projects contractual terms, maintain cash-flow and protect the companies best interests.
- Advise the Company on all contractual matters and ensure that the correct contractual contemporary correspondence and records emanates from the projects to protect ACWA’s position.
- Negotiate with Clients on up-coming projects contractual terms that as far as practical, limit liability, maintain cash-flow and protect the Companies best interests.
- Be an effective member of the Companies Management Team. Taking the lead on co-ordinating and producing the Bi-Monthly Management Reports and on monthly forecasting and cost to complete sessions with Project Managers and Directorate.
- Day to day management of the Commercial Department, ensuring wellbeing of staff and an efficient and collaborative working environment.
- Supervision of the prompt and accurate preparation of Payment Applications in accordance with each Contract. Implement the Final Account procedure and negotiate to the Companies best interests.
- Maintain constant contact with the Project Teams to ensure accurate and timely flow of information, to resolve contractual /commercial issues arising and to identify works outside of the original scope.
- Maintain contact with Employers commercial teams with the aim of keeping amicable working relationships.
- Supervision of the submission of claims/variations, monitor and control the claims/variations procedures to ensure accurate estimation and negotiate with clients for payment, including retention monies
- Supervise the procurement process and establish procedures for supplier selection, control, monitoring and payment.
- Recommend for approval and implement training and development programs to meet identified needs within the department and ensure that capable personnel with the relevant skills are utilized effectively.
- Dealing with Insurers as and when required and supporting the annual premiums/coverage the renewals process
- Take a lead role in any contractual dispute situation, appointing legal advice where necessary, preparing submissions and liaising with all parties and legal teams
- Supporting the Project Managers with Clause 31 and Clause 32 programme construction and monitoring, ensuring compliance against the head contract terms.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree/HND preferred but not essential
- Excellent IT Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong commercial awareness
- Direct Water Industry background
- Full UK driving license
- Flexibility to work and stay out overnight anywhere in the UK
The successful candidate is likely to display the following attributes:
Good Communicator – Strong communication skills with the ability to influence positive outcomes whilst liaising and negotiating with clients.
Commercial Awareness – The ability to stay up to date on the daily happenings and developments across the company and in the commercial business world.
Flexible – Ability to meet the day to day requirements even if this means travelling and staying away from home.
Technically aware – Have an understanding and knowledge of construction related activities specific to water and wastewater treatment.
Organised – Show strong levels or organisational skills especially when managing several contacts and negotiations at the same time.
Completer/Finisher – Proven track record of closing out projects and ensuring the associated monies are received in a timely manner.
Team Player –The ability to develop and manage a cross-functional team with a variety of skills and experience, as well as collaborating with other departments.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com.