Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor
We are excited to announce we are hiring an Assistant Quantity Surveyor due to our continued growth.
Are you an Assistant Quantity Surveyor looking for a new challenge? If so, we may be just what you are looking for. This is a perfect time to join us as we continue to grow, securing new contracts and increasing our workforce.
Post: Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor – Skipton
Reports to: Commercial Manager
Job Purpose: To carry out duties in support of the Commercial department.
- Reporting to the Commercial Manager.
- Preparation of Sub Contract and Supply Agreements, including negotiation of specific terms and conditions.
- Management of Subcontract accounts, preparation of Payment Certificates and management of Subcontractor claims and variations.
- Preparation and submission of ACWA’s Payment Applications.
- Project Spend Profiling/Forecasting.
- Working with Project Managers in the recognition, preparation and submission of Early Warnings and Compensation Events.
- Advising Project Managers on Commercial issues relating to Project activity.
- Assistance with the procurement process in the preparation of Purchase Requisitions and Quotation Comparisons as required.
- Assistance with developing Clause 31 and Clause 32 programmes for acceptance, working alongside the Project Managers.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree/HND preferred but not essential
- Excellent IT Skills
- Experience in a similar position
- Strong commercial awareness
- Direct Water Industry background
- Full UK driving license
- Flexibility to work and stay out overnight anywhere in the UK
The successful candidate is likely to display the following attributes:
Good Communicator – Strong communication skills with the ability to influence positive outcomes whilst liaising and negotiating with clients.
Commercial Awareness – The ability to stay up to date on the daily happenings and developments across the company and in the commercial business world.
Flexible – Ability to meet the day to day requirements even if this means travelling and staying away from home.
Technically aware – Have an understanding and knowledge of construction related activities specific to water and wastewater treatment.
Organised – Show strong levels or organisational skills especially when managing several contacts and negotiations at the same time.
Completer/Finisher – Proven track record of closing out projects and ensuring the associated monies are received in a timely manner.
Team Player –The ability to develop and manage a cross-functional team with a variety of skills and experience, as well as collaborating with other departments.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.