3D CAD Technician
Post: 3D CAD Technician
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Job Purpose: To create high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans for projects in 2D and 3D where appropriate.
JOB PURPOSE: Development of designs for water based projects, to a detailed standard for manufacture and construction. Delivery of calculations for pump hydraulics, data sheets for pumps and equipment, scheduling and specifying valves, developing pipe specifications and details to feed into a 3D Plant design within an agreed budget.
- To assist in CAD support during tender stage if required.
- Responsibility for the preparation of arrangement and detailed CAD drawings.
- Assistance in preparation of Plant 3D Catalogues
- Production of Plant 3D Models either in Plant 3D or Inventor
- To prepare and ensure the design and layout integrity of flow and P&I diagrams.
- To prepare electrical equipment location arrangement and detailed CAD drawings.
- To prepare detailed block cable diagrams and electrical loop drawings for manufacturing purposes.
- To assist in site visits as may be requested to attend site with others.
- To occasionally purchase and expedite components required by the project.
- To support process details / design to projects.
- Take initiative to identify and deal with problems.
- Liaising with subcontractors / clients as required by the contract.
- To show initiative in the absence of the manager and members of the team in their respective roles in prioritising correspondence / telephone calls to ensure urgent matters are brought to the attention of appropriate colleagues.
- To create and maintain filing systems.
- To maintain good communication links between the manager and other members of the team, outside organisations, and liaise with all staff.
- To ensure the appropriate distribution of correspondence, circulars, reports etc. as applicable.
- To deal sensitively with people, situations and confidential material.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests by the manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant engineering and technical knowledge
- 2D & 3D Plant Modelling & Drafting experience
- Inventor experience
- Knowledge of British Standards, water industry specification preferred, process industry design
- Some knowledge of specialist tools; FE Analysis, risk tools, modelling
- Usage of Document Management Systems (ProjectWise or other)
- A good knowledge of materials, coatings and finishes including stainless and carbon steels, structural steels, elastomers and performance plastics
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes; machining, welding, surface treatments etc.
- Be able to communicate effectively regarding matters of a technical nature to customers
- Experience working with bespoke systems / machine design and manufacture
- Design of electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics or associated supply
- Driving license
- LOLER, PED, DSEAR
- CSCS card desirable but not essential
The successful candidate is likely to display the following attributes:
Good Communicator – Influence a positive outcome in terms of driving the mechanical output.
Flexible – Working from home or in the office, with the ability to meet the day to day requirements even if this means travelling and staying away from home.
Technically astute – Have a genuine interest in and knowledge of water treatment process plants, mechanical equipment, standardisation and even product development.
Resourceful – Know when and who to ask / deploy to get the work done in line with the agreed plan
Organised – Able to work to clear deliverables, report progress, able to give feedback, drive to deliver without the need to be driven by others.
Completer/Finisher – Proven track record of closing out design outputs that will stand up to review.
Team Player – Willing to contribute to and support the overall project delivery team and support the wider project delivery team and management.
Innovative / Developmental – Proactively develop best practices to continuously improve the future performance of the design team.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com.